Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ugh, how bout 'dem Cowboys

Preview of Eagles vs. Cowboys

5 things to watch

Watch your back Romo, literally

Cowboy QB Tony Romo, whose had numerous back surgeries in the past, re-injured his spine 3 weeks ago courtesy of the Redskins Defense who cracked two of his vertebrae. (Who knew Romo had a spine? Me neither.) It's no question Romo will be favoring his back and will look to stay on his feet, however, if the Eagles can get to Romo and sack him a few times early and often, who knows if that injury will flare up and effect his play. The Cowboys back up is Brandon Weeden, who is no match for the Eagles secondary...I think. 

Run, Demarco, Run

Demarco Murray has had a stellar rushing season thus far, accumulating 1,354 yards and 7 TDs. The bigger story is the play of the Cowboys offensive front who have opened holes for Murray to drive trucks through. The Cowboys will look to establish their perennial runner, but the Eagles run defense isn't too shabby themselves. If the Eagles can slow down the Cowboys run game, there are two things to consider: Dallas has given up 21 sacks , good for 11th in the league. Not bad, but proof they are better run blockers than pass blockers. Also, Murray does have fumbling issues having fumbled 3 times this year, losing all 3. 

Don't be yourself, Mark

Mark Sanchez is averaging 2.75 turnovers per game, which is a terrible stat if the Eagles intend on making a deep run into the playoffs. That needs to stop, however, given Sanchez's reputation, it most likely won't. It'll all depend on what the Cowboys do with the 2+ expected turnovers that will haunt the Eagles. Keep the 'Boys to 3 points and they'll stay in it, give them 7 and expect a blowout. 

Dez Bryant vs. Toast Flecther

Do I even need to mention this here? Bryant is one of the premiere WRs in the NFL and Bradley Fletcher has been getting picked on all year like a red-headed stepchild. Bryant, who is very physical and strong, will look to expose the weakness that is the Eagles cornerback. Fletcher, who can't seem to get a break, is looking to not be noticed today, which would be a good thing. 

Jerry's World

Jerry Jones, owner of the Cowboys, loves me some me. How many times do you think the TV broadcast will pan over to Jerry Jones sitting in the owner's box? My over under is 4.5. Take the over. 

3 musings

  • Cheez-Its or Crack: What's more addicting? Discuss...
  • I love ketchup with my fast food. So, on a recent trip to Wendy's, I asked for some ketchup packets for my order of a 1/4 lb. Burger, large fries, and two 6-piece nuggets. How many packets do you think the lady at the drive-thru gave me? 3. Thanks, DeWanda. 
  • I realized that I'm officially old now because I looked into the mirror and said to myself, "I have to shave my ears."
Reason No. 2,723 as to why I suck at Fantasy Football

I held a 40 point lead heading into the Monday Night games with my QB (D. Brees) left to play against 4 of my opponents players (J. Forsett, F. Jackson, J. Tucker, & Buffalo's Defense). A comeback was possible but I still felt that I was in pretty good shape. Nope. I end up losing by 17 points and take a sure fire lock of a playoff spot and flush it down the toilet. A fucking 57 point swing. Absolutely, positively, fucking unreal, regardless of who my opponent had playing. 

Oh and by the way, did I mention that Calvin Johnson sucks? (I still can't not start him.)

Prediction: Cowboys 27, Eagles 23

You can't blame the short week since both teams are playing on one, however, the road teams in Thursday games are 8-4 this year. Edge: Cowboys. The Cowboys strength is in their run game-ranked 2nd in the league-however, the Eagles run defense is only allowing 109 rushing yards per game which should force the Cowboys to stray from their strength and give the Eagles opportunity to rush Tony Romo who struggles against the blitz. Edge: Eagles. It'll come down to the play at the line of scrimmage, where I think the Cowboys hold an edge and the play of Mark Sanchez, who can't seem to shake the turnover woes. Cowboys win the game,  27-23. 

Happy Thanksgiving all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment