Friday, October 3, 2014

Chapter 2: The Next Episode

Thursday, October 2nd

I wanted to share a quick update with everyone since I was able to visit Bill on Thursday. To start the week off on a good note, Bill was released from the University of Pennsylvania Hospital and transferred to a rehabilitation center to begin the 2nd phase of his recovery: physical therapy. Although I was only able to visit him for a short while since he was on a break between PT sessions, it was nice to finally have a one-on-one, brother to brother conversation without any other family members or doctors around.  

Just so you know he is doing extremely well, improving each and every day. He expressed his goals for where he wants to be when he exits the rehab center and after seeing what he has done so far, I have the utmost faith he will get there ahead of schedule. After Bill coming off a major surgery, he has been far exceeding the doctors expectations and showing no sign of any major setbacks, however, I am not surprised given his will, determination, and drive to get better. As I mentioned before, his patience will be his biggest test because I can already see how eager he is to get back to 100%. Of course as the older brother, one of my jobs is to keep reminding him to just be patient, not get frustrated, and to stay the course. (Somehow I feel my words may resonate with him a little more than most because although he may be bigger than me, I'm still his older brother.) Bill's schedule for the next few weeks will be to continue his rehab assignments and hopefully within that time, get closer to going home for good. If there is any significant changes in the meantime, I will continue to keep you updated. 

But all in all another good day. Things are looking up and I have a good feeling that the worst may be behind Bill. He still may be on a long road to get to where he wants to be, but I know he won't be walking it alone.

So that's it for today, folks. I can't stop thanking everybody who keeps reaching out and offering to help anywhere they can. The stories people tell me and the amount of people Bill has made an impression on, it's absolutely astonishing. The kid is loved by everyone everywhere, and I can tell you that is one of the things that keeps him going. (He obviously has good genes, too.)

Please know that we continue to appreciate all the love and support during Bill's recovery process, but at this time our main priority and focus is going to be on Bill and getting him back healthy. People have inquired, but we are not overly concerned about any type of fundraiser/benefit/drive at the moment. If and when we decide on such an event, we will wait until the proper time to do so and you will certainly be notified ahead of time.

Tavani's Barbershop and Hall of Fame Personal Training in Folsom, Pa. have been kind enough to hold a Cut-A-Thon on Sunday, November 2nd in Bill's honor (feel free to click on the link to join the event). However, please know that the event was set up as a personal thank you to Bill from the Tavani family for working with their son Devon, who recently accepted a scholarship to the Naval Academy and will be playing lacrosse. But as I mentioned above and just want to re-iterate, when the time is right, the McGlone family will plan a get together for Bill, with Bill. If and when we decide to do something, we'd like to do it once and do it right. We just ask that you stay patient with us and hold off on any ideas until that time comes. Until next time. -JM


No comments:

Post a Comment